Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Congo Initiative


I had the great pleasure to meet David and Kassie Kasali yesterday. They are a wonderful couple who are gathering information to support The Congo Initiative. David and Kassie have doctorate degrees in New Testament studies and Christian Education. The were visiting Warren Wilson College to learn more about the Triad (work, service, and academics). Their time with me was to understand Warren Wilson College's commitment to sustainability. They were particularly interested in the farming (cows, chickens, sows, crop rotations), the Green Drum that expedites the compost process, and how to clean water from cisterns so that they can drink the water.

I am working to gather additional information for them and will be posting it here on my blog. My thought is that others, whether in their community or here in western North Carolina, may also want this information.

I believe in what they are working to do and encourage everyone to go to their website and find a way to help - even if it is simply sharing your experiences and knowledge about sustainable living!

No comments: