Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Mountain Home Guide

In 2001, I compiled a publication entitled "The Mountain Home Guide." This booklet was a guide to help those building or buying a home in the mountain region. The booklet covered topics such as building on steep slopes, onsite waste management, sources of drinking water such as wells or springs, sediment and erosion control, accessibility and much more.

It was overwhelmingly popular and even received praise in an Asheville Citizen Times editorial. Since that last printing, I have had folks approach me about revising and reprinting this publication.

I am happy to announce that I have been rewriting this publication. I am currently seeking resources to publish it. I hope to make it available in the next few months. This version will contain much more than previously. Check back here periodically as I will post how to obtain a copy once it is completed.

Until then, Timber Frame Magazine has posted an older version of it on the internet. Click HERE to view it. It is an Adobe Acrobat Reader file so you will need that software.

No comments: